Monday, March 30, 2009

When is the best time to workout?

So after going to the gym this morning since we had no class I was wondering when the best time to go to the gym is, so I did a little research and this is what I found out.

There is no real “best time to workout” because it is different for each person. Although after doing some looking around on the internet I found that the best time to workout is when you are most awake. If you wake up at 6:00 in the morning, you probably won’t be real awake when 10:00 and 11:00 come around at night. During your workout you want to be active, energetic, and focused. Do you have problems sleeping a little after working out? If yes, it is best to workout in the morning or during the day so that when the night rolls around you are able to get the right amount of sleep for muscle growth.

There is no certain time when people are suggested to workout, but I feel that during the middle of the day is the best time to work out. It is obviously tough for some people to exercise in the middle of the day due to many factors including work, sleep, and nutrition. Lifting should be based on your own personal schedule. To make your workouts worthwhile you must be full of energy. In order to have this energy you must be on proper sleep, food in your system, and wide-awake. Having enough energy means that you are not fatigue at all.

The perfect time to workout is a pretty wide range. The first six hours after waking up is usually not a great time to workout because proper nutrition and energy will not be through your body by that time. Anything after twelve hours of waking up is also not a great time to workout because our bodies are at that time starting to fatigue and get ready for sleep. After figuring it out, we should workout anywhere between six and twelve hours of waking up. For example if a person went to bed at eleven and woke up at seven, they would be best suited to workout between one and seven in the afternoon. Therefore it gives you a wide variety of time to exercise. Usually people don’t find it hard to train with-in those hours.

This is just a suggestion of times to go to the gym but as most of you know especially if you go to Ely gym, is easier to not go during those hours because the gym isn’t as packed and you can get more done without waiting for machines and other equipment.

5 comments:

  1. I have always wondered the same thing about when you should go to the gym. I feel the best when I go to the gym are 12 and I need to have had something to eat. If I workout without have eaten anything that day, I start to feel light headed and nauseas. Another factor for me when going to the gym is the time. If you go to the gym in Ely between 330 and 6 it is ridiculously crowded and not even worth going.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to know because a was getting problems to going sleep and if was because I was doing my exersices late at afternon or night. Thanks for the tip!! Good post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do my excersice in my off time. I think it's more better when I feel with more energy. Good to know!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have always wondered when the best time to go to the gym is. I feel that going to the gym at the same time everyday can be helpful. Once you get in a routine things will be more smooth for you. great blog and good information.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice post. I love exercising whenever I have the energy, whether it be in the morning or night. Everyone's different, whenever you get the chance, work out!

    ReplyDelete